Since 2005, David W. Schropfer has been the founding Partner and Head of Mobile Commerce for The Luciano Group. In this role he has full responsibility for all client relationships and for the delivery and execution of efficient go-to-market strategies for the firm’s diverse set of clients.
His unique insights on mobile commerce have been broadcast on NPR radio, CBC radio, Talk Radio One’s “The Stephen Spierer Show,” and MSNBC. His commentaries and research have been featured in American Banker Magazine, Fast Company, Capacity Magazine, NFC Times, Mobile Payments Today, and Payment Source Magazine.
As one of the few recognized experts in this emerging market, he is frequently invited to deliver keynote addresses and panel discussions around the world. Some recent events include:
• Keynote Address, Wallet Wars Conference, 2013
• Expert Speaker, Virginia Credit Union League, 2013
• Keynote Address, Mobile Payments Conference, 2013
• Panelist, Pacific Telecom Conference (PTC), 2013
• Keynote Address, PCS Users Meeting, 2012
• Expert Speaker and Session Host, Money 2020, 2012
• Expert Speaker, VeriFone Conference, 2012
• Keynote Address, Mobile Payments Conference, Fall 2012
• Panelist, JNK Conference, 2012
• Keynote Address, Mobile Transaction and Commerce Summit, 2012
• Keynote Address and Panelist, NFC Payments Europe, 2012
• Expert Speaker, EuroFinance International Cash and Treasury Management, 2012
• Keynote Address, The Financial Services Roundtable, 2012
• Keynote Address, Social Mobile Payments, 2012
• Keynote Address, The Mobile Payment Conference, Spring 2012
• Keynote Address, Emerging Payments Conference, 2011
• Keynote Address, The Mobile Payment Conference, Fall, 2011
• Expert Speaker and Panelist, PrePaid Press Expo, 2011
• Keynote Address and Panelist, Mobile Money Forum, 2011
• Keynote Address, Mobile Marketing and Technology Conference 2011
• Panel Moderator, Capacity North America, 2010
• Panel Moderator, International Telecoms Week (ITW), 2010
In 2010 David published the first book on the emerging mobile commerce industry: “The Smartphone Wallet- Understanding the Disruption Ahead.” The book and his follow-up whitepaper, “Google Wallet and the New Retail Ecosystem.” are used by the media and business people alike to decipher the rapidly developing ecosystem of mobile commerce.
A sample of his highly successful projects include:
- Designed and negotiated key partnerships for a multinational mobile wallet client.
- Designed an implemented a national payment product, for which he recruited over 50 banks, credit unions, and processors for a client.
- Responsible for leading the team that changed the national consumer engagement strategy for a Fortune 50 retailer.
- Rebuilt international infrastructure of the #3 international telecom operator by signing 90 new partnerships with incumbent Mobile and Fixed-Line operators worldwide.
- Responsible for building partnerships with all domestic mobile operators to create one of the nation’s first mobile virtual network operators (MVNO).
Since graduating from Boston College, David earned an Executive MBA from the University of Miami. He has served on the Boards of Directors for several private companies and a national non-profit organization. He lives in New York with his wife and family.